5 home remedies for irritable bowel syndrome: Know how you can cure it from home here!
Are you healthy? How exactly do you define yourself to be healthy?
Good health is one of the treasures we are longing to seek in this journey of life. However, most of us tend to work slightly less for it. But still, we go around believing and telling others that we are healthy. Does walking, talking, eating, watching, and smelling make us healthy?
These are the elements responsible for making you feel alive rather than healthy. We are healthy when we have a sound mind, nurturing soul, and a nourishing body. Well, today we will talk about our nourishing body specifically.
A nourishing body has sound functioning organs. A body that is getting nourished by the regular activities of the host. Nowadays, degrading food habits and complicated lifestyles have messed up our bodies.
A good stomach helps in digestion while a good gut helps in the absorption of the nutrients and removal of the toxins. All of us face common problems every day in our life affecting our gut health. Constant bloating, gas, and diarrhea are mere indications of bowel syndrome.
While most of us face the consequences, we may know little about the disease we may have been infected by. So, let us know about the irritable bowel syndromes and home remedies for irritable bowel syndrome to help us achieve a nourishing body.
WHAT IS IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME (IBS)?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is an intestinal disorder that leads to problems in the functioning of bowel movements. The disorder is very common and affects every individual at least once. It is not a chronic disorder, however, serious conditions may be an exception.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF IRRITABLE BOWEL MOVEMENT (IBS)?
Symptoms of Irritable bowel Movement are:
- Cramps in the abdomen
- Frequency changes in the bowel movement
- Characteristic changes in the bowel movement
WHAT CAUSES IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME?
The exact cause of Irritable bowel Syndrome (IBS) is not well-defined. However, there are certain assumptions made based on which we can identify our cause.
- Nervous Disorder – We know that the nerves act as a messenger in our body, directing and controlling each cell to function properly. At times, the poor coordination of the nerve signals between the brain and the intestines may cause changes in bowel movement.
- Intestines – Our intestines are responsible for absorbing the nutrients from the food we eat and pass down the waste materials. The intestines have muscle contractions, because of which the absorption of the nutrients takes place. So, the dysfunctionality in the muscles often leads to bloating, gas, diarrhea.
- The gut – Looks like our intestines are responsible for causing IBS for more than one reason. The intestines consist of certain bacteria, viruses, and other microbes which helps in the nutrient absorption process. Changes in these organisms lead to changes in bowel movement.
- Infection – Severe infections in the body can lead to severe bowel infections.
WHAT ARE THE HOME REMEDIES FOR IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME?
We learned that IBS is common among us. Irritable Bowel Syndrome home remedy helps us in treating the syndrome naturally and cost-effectively. The home remedies include ingredients easily available at home, which saves our extra costs of medicines and doctor appointments. Also, these remedies are organic, meaning having no or fewer side effects.
- Reduce the consumption of dairy products – Dairy products have high contents of fat in them. Consumption of these leads to diarrhea. This is why reducing the intake of dairy products or switching to non-fat products is a must. Continuing with the consumption of dairy products may worsen the health of patients having IBS.
- Fibers are your friend – Fiber-rich diet helps in relieving the patient from constipation however, may not relieve gas problems. Fiber is highly recommended to IBS patients as it helps in the regulation and proper functioning of bowel movements. Try to incorporate whole grain food items like cereals, fruits like berries, oranges, melon, vegetables like carrot, peas, potato with skin in your diet to receive adequate fibers.
- Peppermint Oil – This oil is an effective home remedy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It has been recognized as a herb that helps in soothing the gut or intestines and reducing all the symptoms related to IBS like diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloating, and constipation. However, the adequate intake of the oil must be recommended by the doctor. Reckless use of the oil is highly prohibited.
- Yoga – Way to a nourishing body goes through a healthy balance between the body, mind, and soul. Yoga is an ancient practice that involves meditating and stretching the body. It makes us feel each of our breaths and be aware of our body in and out. Studies have shown that IBS patients have shown effective results after practicing yoga. The symptoms are reduced and they experience normal digestion and excretion of foods and waste materials.
- Be discipline – One of the best things that yoga generally instills in all of us is discipline. We must eat our food at the same time every other day and live a disciplined lifestyle. Adequate drinking of water and consumption of nutrients will help in the proper and timely functioning of the body.
Bowel problems are very common among all of us, especially during current times when the quality of our food intake is degrading. We enjoy junk food more than nutritious food leading to different problems in the body. Home remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrome are the best way to treat the disorder gradually with changes in lifestyles and increased self-awareness.
The unique link between our body, mind, and soul is the true driving force of the body which should not be disrupted. Sometimes, the best solution resides within us. Sitting down in quiet and getting to know about your body will provide you with all the answers you have been looking for.